Every child at Charley’s Angels enjoys a well balanced healthy diet in order to build a strong body and mind. We have a dedicated Nursery Chef who prepares meals on site for the children in our 5-star food hygiene rated kitchen.
We follow soil association food for life guidelines where possible and hope to apply for a food for life award very soon.
Vegetarian options are available at every meal and we can cater for the majority of special dietary requirements.
- Breakfast is served for all children at 8.30am which is a choice of Cereals and/or Toast. (Earlier for breakfast club children)
- Lunch of a main meal and dessert is provided at 12pm (11.45 am for Under 3’s)
- Afternoon Tea is provided at around 3.30pm
- The menus operate in 4-week rotation but are changed to reflect the seasons of the year and the diverse culture we live in.
- All children will be provided with fresh drinking water throughout the day
- Snacks which usually consists of fruit, breadsticks, rice cakes or other finger food along with a choice of milk or water are provided daily at 10am and children are offered again at 2pm
- All Meat on the nursery menu is Halal with exception of Pork sausages. Children who require Halal are provided with Vegetarian/Quorn Sausages.
- For Babies solid food is prepared to suit the individual needs of each child. Food from the standard nursery menu is blended to a consistency appropriate for the child’s age and stage; alternatively, parents can provide food until their child is able to eat from the standard nursery menu. We also cater for Baby Led Weaning.
- For bottle fed babies parents are asked to provide clearly labelled bottles and formula or expressed breast milk.
- Vegetarian options can be provided if required
- No salt is added to food as it is cooked or after it is served
- Staff are aware of any food allergies or special dietary requirements children in their care may have. We currently have experience in catering for lactose intolerance and coeliac disease.
ALLERGEN AWARENESS: Please ask a member of staff for our recipe and allergy information